6.02.2009

Chick-fil-a

I visited a Chick-fil-a today with my family. As usual we had a great time. I was sitting there watching my daughter play in the indoor playground and saw a case of moist towlettes hanging on the wall right beside the door of the playground. I was really impressed by this. I looked at my wife and said “I am going to write a post about what the church can learn from Chick-fil-a.” Well, a few hours later and here you have it.

Chick-fil-a is incredible. I have never had a bad time in Chick-fil-a, they are always well staffed, always say “My pleasure”, always clean, the food is unreal (especially the nuggets), and they are prepared for their guests!

Now I could probably stop right there and let you carry the analogies over, but there is so much more I want to say! Well at least a few more lines.

They know who they are serving and they make every effort to make their guests comfortable, from moist towlettes on the walls and those really good mints, to having people come by to fill your cup or carry your tray to the table. They go out of their way to make sure you want to come back.

Think hard, have you ever had a bad Chick-fil-a experience?

What if people would say the same thing about our church or our youth group?

No comments: